"love yourself entirely enough so no person can ever try to convince you otherwise. you have the right to do that, i promise."
"There are more good cops than bad cops"
If the good cops aren’t actively putting an end to the shit bad cops do then they ain’t “good.”
Being good takes more than refraining to shoot black people for sport. The “good cop” standard is so fucking low I laugh to keep from crying
I see no lies here
How to Develop Contentment →
1. Spend time with contented people, and those who are grateful for what they have in life.
2. Choose to celebrate the good things in life, even when things are tough, or much harder than you’d like.
3. Brighten up the lives of others you encounter with random acts of kindness – and helping when…
Miles Davis covered in blood after an altercation with police.
"Altercation" sounds so polite, like it was a mutual thing and not one man getting assaulted by the police. Miles got beat up by the police.
The cops assaulted Miles because he was black. He was standing outside Birdland where he just performed and was taking a break. His name was on the marquee. They saw him escort a white female friend from the club into a taxi and then they approached him after as he was taking a smoke break. The cops told him to “move on”. Miles said he was playing at the club and was on break. They weren’t hearing any of that. One cop then punched him in the stomach, while another one cracked him on the head with a nightstick. That’s why he’s covered in blood. He was a victim of police brutality.
Ooh, shock it, break it, baby, Electric Lady, Electric Lady
I love her so much
Besides Michael Brown, Whom Else Does The New York Times Call “No Angel”? →
The Times often uses the phrase to describe Nazis, mobsters, and people of color.
Here’s who comes up in Vanity Fair’s search of people the New York Times has called “no angel”:
- Al Capone, white mobster
- James “Whitey” Bulger, white convicted murderer
- Donald Manuel Paradis, white motorcycle gangster on death row
- Erwin Rommel, Nazi field marshal
- Clayton Lockett, white convicted murderer and rapist
- Larry Flint, white pornographer
- Eric Harris, white Columbine serial killer
Who else does the Times label “no angel”?
- Samuel Spencer, Black victim of murder by four white men
- Magic Johnson, Black basketball player
- Michael Jackson, Black musician
Yeah. You do the math.
what was the point of that article except to further demean a child who hasn’t even been in the ground for a day?